April 29, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge-IKB: 2012

I LOVE THIS POLISH. I don't think there's anything else to really say about it. I mean, there are things to say about this polish. But the most important one is that I love it. And you will too. And you need this in your life. Trust me on this. NEED.
IKB: 2012 is a blue jelly. A jelly with no VNL. It's suppose to be the color of International Klein Blue, created by French artist Yves Klein. (More info about it here.) I actually hadn't heard of the name before, although I did know the color. Weird, I know, but that's me. I think it hits the mark exactly. The polish is dark, yet bright. It looks like it goes purple (or into the blurple range) but it never does. It's just blue gorgeousness.
The formula on it is...hmm. It's thick and streaky and a bit sticky, yet I think this one depends on how you apply it. I did thin coats on the hand that's in the pictures and it needed three. But I used thicker coats on my other hand and only needed two. But no matter how many coats it dries super fast. Almost matte fast. And it dries...dull. Not matte, but dullish. The beauty of this polish comes once you put on a top coat.
If ever there was a polish that you should pay $20 for then it's this. That's how amazing this polish is, even with the okay formula. This is a sexy polish. If you love blue, then get it. There is a limited amount still available (although I suspect that will change soon) so don't wait. Don't think twice. Just take a deep breath, suck it up, and hit the order button.

9 comments:

  1. I keep seeing swatches of this and it keeps looking better and better if that's at all possible! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! The perfect blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. You and these expensive RBLs...geesh...I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be my one and only expensive polish buy for the year. I'm counting this as a "I had a good semester in school and going to make myself happy for once" gift.

    I wonder if they're sold out...? I haven't been back on the RBL Facebook page in a while. You might still have a chance to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this blue. its above my personal price point so fingers crossed for a dupe somewhere out there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I get it. I was like that too, but I had to have this. Other blogs have done comparisons between this and other polishes. I think Revlon and Orly have one that's pretty darn close to this one.

      Thanks for the comment. :)

      Delete
  6. This looks so beautiful on you. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete